Monday, October 17, 2016

Sunday rest day... Another one of my crazy ideas... A loving, supportive wife...

So much for a daily post.  I started this blog on Saturday and already skipped Sunday.  But ha... that was by design.  Sunday is a day of rest.  If God did it... I can do it.  I'm not a super religious person, more of a work in progress, but I do cherish my time at church and the idea that Sunday... You relax, review the last six days and plan for the new week.

I've actually had a lot to think about this weekend.  I had "one of them crazy ideas" come up.  It's in line with "Hey, I should run a marathon.", "Hey, I should drink that entire bottle of tequila", "Hey, let's have another kid."  All things I've done but during the process, realized... "What the hell did I get my self into?"... But in the end, I don't regret ever having the experience.  I always believe that it's not the end result of the goal but the journey that defines success.

I came in dead last in both the 2008 Carlsbad Marathon and the 2009 Long Beach Marathon.  Seriously, look it up.  My time on both averaged 8+ hours.  The 70 year old, blind, heart transplant recipient, double amputee, beat me by an hour but that's because her deaf service dog had to take a shit three times. Regardless, I completed two marathons within a year.  The tequila thing is better saved for a later post and obviously, the kid thing is my proudest ball wrenching moment.  I'm not quite ready to tell you the great (or not so great) news but in due time.  I talked to a few close confidants for some input, as well as, had the discussion with my wife.  She supports me 99%.  It's usually 100% but this time around, I think I have her worried.  Apparently, me being 46 years old (47 in 2 months), a tad overweight and injury prone, has her anxious.  However, like I told her, "What can go wrong?"  With a forced smile and a supportive hug, she sighs, "I love you."  Almost like she was giving me a final hug.  Hmmm... Does she know something I don't know?  So I'm just tying up a few loose ends, figuring out my schedule and doing a couple more rosaries before I officially commit to this "crazy idea."  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment